Monday, January 07, 2008

This is for good.



It's been WAYYYY too long since I last updated this thing. I know I've said that before, but it's true this time. I'd kept away from it for so long since no one read it. But that doesn't matter. This is for my thoughts, my ideas. This is where they go to get out of my head. "Putting them on paper" if you will. But man, it was August of 2007 last time I was here. So much has happened since then, where to begin? Well, let's start with school.

For those who know/knew me for any length of time, knew that up until school started in late August, I wanted to become a history teacher. Camp last year changed that real quick. Camp had a different feel this time. Being the oldest guy in youth group, I was the only senior graduating this year. So this was my last camp as a student which gave it a new dynamic just like the past year had been. A year of lasts, if that makes sense. Even with all that, God really laid on my heart 2 words. Ministry and youth. I had been so caught up in everything, that I had been so scared of the future. I didn't know what was coming, and that scared me to death. I had even thought about not registering for classes and working for a year. But God said, "No, do it this way." That week God showed me what HE wanted. Not what I wanted. God showed me a lot about me doing what HE wants. Not my plan. But anyway, through that, I knew at that moment that God was calling me into ministry. More specifically, youth ministry. That changed so much for me. Now, I'm going to St. Charles Community College. I'll be going there for 2 years to get my associates degree and then transferring to Lindenwood University to major in youth ministry.


Next I'll go over what's gone on with youth group. As I said before, I was the only student to graduate. So I went from being "big brother" to now a teacher. Cuz that's actually what I had decided to do. I'm actually now an intern with my youth group, me and a couple other kids I go to school with. It's been a really cool thing just getting to be part of that.


Now on to girls. Always a fun topic. Hee hee. All was quiet on that front until right around See You At The Pole last September. I was wanting to hang out with the guys I teach at church. But they are all home-schooled or go to a private school so that wouldn't work. So on a whim, I went to Zumwalt West's gathering cuz a bunch of my friends go there. Well, I went and met up with my sister Kasey and her best friend Angi. And after everything, Angi ended up inviting me to her softball game the next day. Anyway, LOOONNNNGGG story short, we ended up going out. However, I hadn't really thought things through. Being an intern with my church brought about some rules that I hadn't really thought about. Since I was now basically on staff with my youth pastor, me dating a girl of student age would be like if any of our other teachers were dating them, someone much older like in their 30's+ and that wouldn't work at all. So I had to break the news to her that it came down to 2 options. Date her and not teach for a year until she graduated, or teach and ask her to wait a year to date. Either way was going to be extremely hard. I had to step back and really pray about what God was calling me to. That weekend some college kids and seniors at our church went to the PASSION Conference in Chicago. God was completely there that weekend and showed me some stuff about myself and laid on my heart that I needed to teach. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to tell someone. When I told her, I totally expected for her to drop it and for it to be completely over. Not so much. God had complete control over this whole thing, and had been talking to her. He had been telling her that this was something I had to do and that it was going to be ok. So after all that has happened, (A lot has been omitted. If you want the full story, ask me) we are waiting to date until after she has graduated. God has brought an amazing girl into my life and I am so thankful for that.


Oh yeah, now time for some basic stuff. I quit my job with Hibbett Sporting Goods. Another one of those things that God was showing me that I need to change. Cuz it was my plan not HIS. I am now working at Family Christian Bookstore for 4 months now and it's been awesome. I love working there. The atmosphere is so much more positive than at Hibbett. The people aren't fake and it's just overall better. I've also bought a car during this time. It's a '94 white Ford Explorer. Not exactly a flashy car, but it gets me from point A to point B and is handy when we've needed to haul a lot of stuff.


Other than all this stuff, things have stayed about the same. So that's all that's happened in the time between posts. Lot's o' stuff, I know. But the posts won't be quite so long now that I've caught up and will continue to do so from now on. Well, I'm out. See ya and w00t.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWW Nicholas.... I'm so glad you worte again. Even though I talk to you everyday it's fun to read it. You are more amazinger and yes I made that a word lol.
LOVE YOU
Angi

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's about time! Although I kind of know what is going on in your life anyway. For the record, Kasey you are an amazing godly friend, and Angi you are an amazing godly young woman! Oh yeah, Nicholas, you are pretty amazingly awesome and wonderful! I am not biased at all!LOL

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i've got to agree with mom. i know most of whats going on :)
but once again agreeing with mom Kasey you are really cool and so are you Angi! :)
and Nicholas you are the best big brother ever! :)
(i may not always show it, but i love ya!) :)

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...wanna know what's kinda funny...i was there through all of the stuff you talked about..kinda made me feel special!!! anywho i am happy to see you updating your blog..i may just have to update mine..i can't have you winning everything all the time....!!!!!

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home