Thursday, July 24, 2008

Back from Camp '08 and a new calling

Hey everyone, it's Nick. I'm back from Student Life Camp '08 and some things are gonna change. The theme of camp was THE WAY. "The Way" being one of the paths that we choose in life, the Narrow Way. Life on the Narrow Way is what Christ has called us to live. While up on Lookout Mtn. in Georgia, God convicted me on many things that I have either been doing or not been doing in my life recently. Mostly this was a wake-up call to my lack of reading Scripture and non-consistent prayer life. Here I am a leader, and I don't read much more than one maybe two times through the lesson we teach each week. Plus, I don't pray near enough. Coming home, I've heard God's called, and I plan on changing that fact. I am determined to read each day and pray as well. This blog will also become my journal. Each day I will add my journaling notes from what I read that day.

On another note, I felt God calling me to sponsor a child from Compassion. For $32 a month, a child will receive food, health, schooling, and even more importantly they learn about Christ. These are kids fro mall around the world who may be orphaned, very much under the poverty line, special needs, infected w/ disease, or any combination of all of these. So I have heard this call and "adopted" Karla Merari Valencia Camacho from Mexico. She's 4 years old, and as you can see from the picture, she's adorable. So that's what came out of camp. I'll be back later with my journal notes for today.



Later days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home